Are you interested in your K-5th grade children doing Mission Outreach?
It is simple, life shaping (for both givers & receivers), and GREAT FUN!
Here is a little history and explanation:
Over ten years ago, we at Bozeman United Methodist Church began an after school group for elementary age children whose primary focus was to carry out John Wesley’s encouragement to “do all the good you can… to all the people you can”.
Our group, made up of kindergarten through 5th grade children from nearly every school in the valley, is called “The WOW Team” ~ Wesley’s Outreach Wednesdays. The kids meet most Wednesdays after school from 3:45-5:00 (pickup no later than 5:15 please) - to make a loving difference in our church family, community, and world. They have a snack, devotion, and then carry out their mission for the week! (We encourage the kids from our church to bring their school friends.)
Some of our outreach activities over the last ten years include:
• visiting, making gifts, and singing for folks in nursing homes or assisted living
• baking cookies for our Bozeman firefighters
• having a “Love to You” Tea party for elderly friends
• learning new ways to help keep our community clean, safe and beautiful.
• supporting children missions all over the world through our Toy Sale.
• raking leaves for elderly neighbors
• collecting winter hats, underwear, gloves and socks for kids in Montana and around the world.
• participating in earth stewardship by recycling, planting flowers and trash clean up
If you have any questions, please contact Janna Lauver in the church office 551-7209
Field Trip & Transportation Consent